In order to reduce the cost and inconvenience of renewing NHIS membership and paying premium in person, the NHIS has introduced the option of renewal by mobile phone payment. This study was conducted to investigate the determinants of patronage of this new membership renewal method.

Results showed that the likelihood of patronage varied by variables including residing in urban areas (Kumasi Metropolis), age, female and education level. The model also accounted for employment status and marital status.

How to apply for a National Insurance number

Your National Insurance number is your personal account number for the whole social security system and it makes sure that the National Insurance contributions you pay are recorded correctly. It is also your reference number for the tax system and can be used as a form of identification in some situations. It is made up of two prefix letters followed by six numbers and a final letter, for example QQ123456A. You may find it printed on your bank card or you can get a letter confirming your National Insurance number by visiting your Personal Tax Account.

You’ll need a UK government NI number if you want to work, claim benefits or tax credits, start a self-employment business or pay voluntary (Class 3) National Insurance contributions. You can apply online for a UK National Insurance number. You’ll need to provide some proof of your identity and an email address. HMRC will send you an application reference number by email when they’re processing your application and tell you if you need to provide further information.

You usually get sent your NI number just before your 16th birthday and it’s normally printed on your Bank Record Payment (BRP) card. You can use your NI number as proof of your identity when applying for a passport or other documents. However, it is not a replacement for your driving licence or passport.

What to do if you don’t have your National Insurance number

Your National Insurance number (which looks like AB123456C) is your unique personal ID which HMRC uses to keep records of the National Insurance contributions you pay over your working life. This can entitle you to welfare benefits and a state pension in later years. You can only have one NI number for your whole life, so you should make sure you keep it safe and don’t give it out to anyone else. You’ll also need it if you want to apply for certain benefits, or to claim a tax refund from HMRC.

HMRC will normally send you your NI number by post before your 16th birthday. If you don’t receive it or have lost it, you can ask for it again by completing the online NI application form. You’ll need to answer security questions and provide proof of identity.

Once you have your NI number, it’s important to check that HMRC has the most accurate record of your NIC payments. HMRC have an online tool called My Personal Tax Account, which lets you see how much NI you’ve paid over the years. Each year will have a status showing whether it’s a ‘full year’ or a ‘not full year’.

If a year shows that you haven’t paid NICs for it, you can phone the NI helpline to find out why. You’ll need your NI number and information about the years you think you should have paid NICs for, such as any paperwork you’ve received from employers, such as P60 end of year tax statements.

What to do if you think you’ve paid more National Insurance than your record shows

National Insurance is a tax paid by most workers and helps build entitlement to certain benefits. It’s paid by employees through the PAYE system and self-employed people through a combination of Class 2 contributions (at a flat weekly rate) and taxable profits (Class 4). You may also pay voluntary contributions to fill gaps in your record.

If you’re employed, your employer will usually withhold National Insurance from each of your wages, which will be shown on your payslip. You can check your NI history using HMRC’s online service, or contact them by phone if you have any queries.

You’ll find your National Insurance number on your payslip, P60 and tax returns or official letters about tax, pensions or benefits. You can also use this number to ask questions about how many qualifying years you need for your State Pension.

The number of qualifying years you need for your State Pension depends on how much you’ve paid in National Insurance contributions and credits, and how long you’ve been paying them for. You can make extra NI payments to boost your contribution record, for example if you want to qualify for a family allowance or help with care costs. However, your extra contributions won’t automatically increase your State Pension. If you have a gap in your National Insurance record, you can fill it by paying Class 3 voluntary contributions.

What to do if you’re a non-UK resident

While you’re not legally required to open a bank account when you move to the UK, it’s probably a good idea. It will make your life much easier, especially if you’re working on an assignment in the UK or living with relatives where you won’t have any bills or rental contracts in your name.

The main requirement for opening a bank account in the UK is proof of address, which can be a utility bill or other official document such as a passport, birth certificate, driving licence from your home country (EEA members will need their Resident Permit), registration card for self-employed people or National Insurance card. You’ll also need a valid work permit or visa if you’re a professional worker, and tax details such as your P45 or P60.

Whether you’re a non-UK resident for tax purposes depends on how many days you spend in the UK each year, and if you meet any automatic overseas tests. If you haven’t met any of the automatic tests, you’ll need to complete a self-assessment tax return. You may qualify for double-taxation relief if you’re a non-resident and have already paid tax in your home country. For more information on this, see the HMRC’s manual. You can also get help from a qualified expat tax adviser. You can find one in your area by visiting the HM Revenue and Customs website. ביטוח לאומי טלפון

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *